Position: Domestic Violence Welfare Officer/ Welfare Worker/ Support Officer
We are currently seeking a Welfare Worker in Parramatta to join our Government Client’s team.
The purpose of this role is to provide specialist outbound telephone support to male domestic and family violence victims in NSW.
- Access the Central Referral Point on a daily basis and action any new referrals for victims of DFV
- Making outbound calls to male victims of domestic and family violence in a timely fashion according to service delivery key performance indicators
- Conduct safety assessments with victims, provide crisis referrals and make referrals to local support services.
- Provide trauma-informed support to victims of DFV
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding client support needs, including NSW Police and non-government organisations
- Qualifications in social work, psychology, counselling or a related field
- Or equivalent experience working with victims, vulnerable clients or providing telephone support
Desirable experience and skills
- Prior experience working with victims of crime, vulnerable clients and/or victims of domestic and family violence
- Ability to perform under a high volume workload
- Knowledge of principles of trauma-informed service provision
- Experience conducting assessments with clients
- Understanding of the complexities of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Commitment to provision of victim-centred service delivery
- Strategies in managing vicarious trauma
Job Code: 726