Position: Senior Policy Officer
Location: North Sydney
We are currently seeking a Senior Policy Officer in North Sydney. This is a great 6 month opportunity starting ASAP!
As the Senior Policy Officer your rolle will be to develop and support the implementation of best practice policies, programs, projects and activities.
- Manage and undertake policy and program development, implementation, review and evaluation of projects
- Provide advice and support to the Associate Director, senior executives, and staff to consistently interpret and apply policies and practices
- Prepare high quality written advice in the form of reports, briefs, policy, discussion papers, or circulars to inform, respond to requests, or initiate consideration of new policy initiatives.
- Liaise, communicate, and consult with key staff in public organizations and stakeholder representatives to secure their engagement and ensure effective interface on policy and program development, planning and implementation.
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative research to address policy issues and inform policy development.
- Explore and evaluate new policy approaches, including undertaking cost-benefit analyses and impact assessment.
- Maintaining accurate knowledge of the diverse and complex policy framework within the Ministry of Health, NSW Health Service and related agencies
- Completing projects within agreed timeframes and performance standards whilst also managing a fluctuating workload of other tasks
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and /or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience.
Job ID: 759