Position: Executive Assistant
We have a great short term assignment for an experienced executive assistant in Eveleigh.
Your role will be to provide confidential executive support, administrative, secretarial and related support services to the Executive Director and contribute to the efficient overall functioning of their office.
- Provide executive support to the Executive Director and ensure that all activities are carried
out effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate correspondence and briefings, ensuring efficient and appropriate handling of all
documents, within variable timeframes and ensure compliance with corporate style and
- Maintain, review and prioritise the Executive Director’s diary, including scheduling meetings
and appointments, monitor and screen telephone enquiries to ensure optimal use of their
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, refer to relevant parties for appropriate
action and maintain tracking of replies to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Organise meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences, including distributing material,
setting up equipment, organising catering and liaising with speakers and attendees.
- Invoice handling and undertake petty cash for the office; and coordinate stationary and
stores supplies for the office.
- Respond to queries generated from within the organisation, external organisations and the
general public, referring these for action and following up as appropriate.
- Provide timely, high level executive support to committees including collating and
distributing agenda, papers, preparing minutes and liaising with external stakeholder
organisations to obtain information.
- Assisting in the research and the compilation of sensitive and confidential briefings and
management reports, including Parliamentary and Director-General matters as required.
- Liaising regularly with staff, senior managers and through the appropriate
use of high level interpersonal skills ensuring cooperative, efficient relationships and
procedures are established and maintained.
- Coordinating work priorities to ensure the timely
- Demonstrated experience in providing a broad range of administrative, secretariat and
related support services to senior executive level management.
- Proven self-management and organisational skills with strong attention to detail and
demonstrated ability to take personal responsibility for getting things done.
- Sound communication (oral and written), interpersonal and liaison skills and the ability to
provide a professional approach in dealing with Executives and other internal and
- Capacity to work both independently using initiative and self-direction and as a team
member to produce consistently high quality work.
- Ability to establish and maintain office systems and processes that are efficient, meet
required standards and facilitate the delivery of quality services to internal/external
- Ability to undertake procurement activities including ordering goods and services,
preparing invoices and payment of accounts.
- Ability to use initiative and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgement while maintaining a strong customer service approach.
- Superior computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite and demonstrated
capacity to learn and implement new software and electronic systems. Experience in
using records management and document tracking applications such as TRIM.
Job ID: 763