Position: Development Approvals Officer
We are seeking 2 Development Approval Officers in Rozelle, this is a great opportunity with our highly reputable Government Client.
- Provide advice to the relevant Senior/Principal Manager to procedural issues inconsistencies, unusual or potentially contentious applications or matter to ensure appropriate and timely decision-making.
- Manager the processing and allocation of a range of applications submitted by external parties for assessment
- Ensure accurate maintenance of associated records, and correspondence in order to facilitate the processing of development and property-related applications to ensure legislative and policy compliance
- Manage the progress of proposals/ applications and undertake follow-up action subsequent to planning approval up to the completion of construction work to ensure statutory processing times of applications are maintained.
- Provide accurate reporting and statistics on the progress of applications and development proposals.
- Provide the Senior Manager with research and analytical support on a range of planning and property associated matters as required,
- Analysis of data extracted from SAP and IGLS as well as GIPA application document collation
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant demonstrated eexperience in a property-related or planning related discipline
- sound knowledge, understanding and judgement in the application of environmental, planning and marine legislation relevant to maritime property related matters
- Demonstrated financial acumen required to complete accurate and timely reporting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability as an effective administrator achieving deadlines with a heavy workload, and managing and responding to conflicting priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Success in working in and communicating across large, complex and disparate organisations
- Proven capacity to provide excellent customer service and to understand the customer relationships management process
- High level oral and written communication skills
Job ID: 785