Position: Senior Community Engagement Specialist
Our Government Client is seeking a Senior Community Engagement Specialist in Haymarket. This is a 3 month contract with a possible extension.
- Provide advice to the business on community engagement activities, areas of influence, risks and mitigation measures and then present these findings and recommendations
- Assist in the analysis of strategies, communication, corporate governance and corporate policy issues.
- Develop workable solutions to problems and provide a creditable plan for implementation ensuring risk mitigation
- Liaising with media agencies, government officials, departments and/or tribunals on matters affecting the organisation’s activities
- Providing an effective communications service, advice and early notification to relevant stakeholders on media matters
- Preparing responses to media and/or government enquiries and provide promptly as appropriate
- Ensuring project communication objectives are achieved
- Working closely with Project Managers and Regional staff to track, promote and undertake key communications activities including responding to project enquiries, leading and arranging public forums and literature
- Developing, implementing, and being a key business advocate for, communications plans in relation to specific projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Public Relations or in a related area with relevant work experience
- Awareness and understanding of contemporary corporate communication practices.
- Recent communications experience within a Government, public relations or media environment is favourable
- Ability to work on high profile and sensitive community issues
- Ability to implement effective public relations or media strategies and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to deal effectively with senior executives and stakeholder groups, including Ministers, state and local government departments
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, to achieve results in a high volume, high pressure work environment to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent track record of achievement
- The incumbent must have good analytical skills to assess the impact of issues and provide relevant input in analysis of business needs
Job ID: 793