Position: Assistant Policy Officer
Location: North Sydney
We are seeking an Assistant Policy Officer in North Sydney! Our Government Client has a great 3 month contract for the right candidate.
As the Assistant Project Officer your role will be to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, programs, policies and guidelines.
- Support and facilitate the development and implementation of policy frameworks and strategies that will improve planning, performance monitoring and evaluation of mental health programs, priorities and services.
- Undertake basic research by collecting information from sources, including the internet and libraries, to support projects managed by the team.
- Assist in preparing reports and papers, including: analysing and writing up research findings, evaluating and recommending options.
- Assist in the coordination and support of consultative processes by preparing background papers, taking notes during discussions and summarising outcomes of meetings and workshops.
- Provide secretariat support to committees managed by the team, including: booking rooms, organising catering, organising teleconferences, collating and distributing agenda papers, taking and writing up minutes, liaising with external organisations to obtain information and following up action items.
- Provide timely, high level administrative support to the manager and project team including diary and phone management, booking meeting rooms, travel arrangements, maintaining filing systems, photocopying and preparation of papers.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and national mental health policy initiatives.
- Understanding and knowledge of NSW public health system.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the preparation of agendas and meeting papers, the organisation of large meetings, functions etc, and the ability to prioritise competing tasks and activities.
Job ID: 832