Position: Project Officer
We have a great 9 month contract opportunity for a Project Officer in Sydney, our Government Client has an immediate start for the right candidate!
As the Project Officer you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of individual capital works projects and programs as directed and applying best practice project management principles in order that time, cost, quality, safety and regulatory compliance and corporate and stakeholders’ expectations are met.
- Develop and coordinate educational accommodation schedules, project brief, project plan and risk management plans for individual major and minor capital works projects and programs.
- Implement, monitor and update systems to ensure that time and cost targets for projects are established and timeframes and project budgets are met.
- Actively manage in partnership with clients, service providers, consultants and suppliers all phases of capital works projects from inception to completion.
- Manage the procurement of construction project managers, design teams and building contractors and monitoring the acquisition of furniture and equipment for individual projects and programs.
- Direct and work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams as required on individual projects.
- Ensure the correct statutory planning approval path is identified and undertaken for individual projects and programs including consultation with local Councils and relevant consent authorities.
- Participate in staff development activities with Asset Management personnel.
- Ensure probity processes relating to the issues concerning procurement, contracting arrangements and outcomes are in place, undertaken and reviewed.
- Degree in Construction, Engineering or Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully project managing construction projects to a value of more than $20m in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies.
- Minimum five years’ experience.
Job ID: 847