Position: Business Analyst
Location: Eastern Creek
Our Government Client has a great 6 month contract for a Business Analyst in Eastern Creek. Great short term opportunity with a possible extension!
- Must be able to identify and clarify the corporate/business goal, translate the goal into business requirements, break down the requirements into stories, and help the high-performing development team focus on tasks that will ultimately deliver shippable products that achieve the business benefit.
- Facilitate inception-level workshops to elicit requirements through BDD-style user story decomposition and backlog creation
- Act as a bridge between the stories, the requirements definitions, and the tasks list. Must know several formats for expressing user stories and can choose the most appropriate one
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to ensure the requirements in the product backlog are defined, designed and deliver sufficient value before adding them to the release pipeline.
- Assist the Product Owner/SME, Iteration Manager/Scrum Master/Project Manager and the team with continuous improvement.
- Able to start from another formalism for requirements (narrative document, use cases) and transpose that to user stores
- Able to express the acceptance criteria for a user story in terms that will be directly usable as an automated acceptance test
- Able to link user stories to higher level descriptions of project goals (e.g. project charter/business case) and to provide grounds for the relevance and business value of each user story
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as Business Analyst in Agile/Scrum environment
- PMI-ACP certification (preferable) or Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA)
- Strong, proven Business Analysis experience in bespoke software development,
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment, including iteration and story management.
- Thorough and demonstrated experience with the full software development lifecycle
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing in Timebox structure and iterative development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- A degree in IT / Computer Science desirable
Job ID: 859