Position: Environment and Heritage Officer
We are seeking an Environment and Heritage Officer in Parramatta. Our Government Client has an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for managing and developing environmental and heritage strategy and policy and implements and monitors plans to ensure Property and Asset Services (PAS) complies with environment and heritage requirements.
- Manage and coordinate heritage applications and environmental issues across PAS
- Manage the development and delivery of training to PAS staff on heritage approvals, government sustainability and waste strategies.
- Develop and implement environmental and heritage policies, processes and procedures for Property and Asset Services to drive compliance with environmental and heritage legislation and policy.
- Develop and maintain communications on sustainability and environmental initiatives for Property and Asset Services to drive awareness and support ongoing education of staff.
- Manage the engagement of external sources of advice regarding heritage and environmental issues including project scoping, procurement, engagement and performance management of contractors to ensure work delivered meets agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Maintain the Departments Conversation and Heritage registers in accordance with Section 170 of the Heritage Act 1977 and maintain the State Heritage Inventory database for Department of Justice heritage assets to ensure registers are current and accurate.
- Monitor capital works projects to ensure compliance with relevant heritage legislation, identify areas of noncompliance and recommend strategies to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in heritage, environment or planning.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply heritage legislation and environmental legislation applicable to the NSW Government and ability to prepare guidelines and policy documents and experience in managing a heritage database
Job ID: 865