Position: Senior Pharmaceutical Officer – (non clinical)
Location: North Sydney
Our Government Client is seeking a Senior Pharmaceutical Officer in North Sydney for a 7 month contract with possible extension.
- Undertake a wide range of activities inlcuding compliance and enforcement actions, and administering the provisions of the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act (PTGA).
- Process applications from medical practitioners to prescribe drugs of addiction including for the NSW Opioid Treatment Program; opioids for chronic pain and cancer pain, Psychostimulants for ADHD and narcolepsy for children and adults, and benzodiazepines for anxiety and panic disorder.
- Preparing documents and correspondence in a written and electronic format, providing expert policy and legislative advice to stakeholders in the public, private and NGO sector and will support the Principal Pharmaceutical Officer and the Director in meeting the Unit’s statutory obligations under the PTGA and its business plans.
- Preferred Tertiary qualifications e.g. Bachelor of Pharmacy, registration with AHPRA as a pharmacist or ability to demonstrate similar experience
- An adequate working knowledge of the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods legislation.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills
Job ID: 885