Position: Operational Systems Support Specialist
Location: Port Macquarie
Our Client is currently seeking 2 Operational Systems Support Specialists in Port Macquarie. We have a great 12 month contract for the right candidates.
- Provide expert technical support to the OSS Manager
- Coordinate Operational Systems activities balancing Operational and Project demands
- Represent Operational Systems at Project meetings
- Liaise with Business unit managers to understand and meet Operational needs
- Support and guidance to other members of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience on Operational Technology systems
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to OT systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Significant experience in supporting and maintaining multiple key business applications or significant specialist experience supporting applications applicable to the role
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to OT including, PERL, bash, PowerShell, ASP, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL and their common protocols and data: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
- Knowledge of Field Mobility cloud applications, such as MSA (Mobile Switching Allocation) and FRR (Field Resource Requester) is desirable but not essential.
Job ID: 886
Recruitment Port Macquarie