Position: Safety Advisor
Location: Eastern Creek
Our Government Client is currently seeking a Safety Advisor in Eastern Creek for a 6 month contract.
The purpose of this position is to provide specialist and technical advice and services on all matters relating to workplace safety. The role effectively communicates safety policies and procedures, reports and manages safety incidents, and influences others to adopt practices that improve safety in the workplace.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree or associate diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or
equivalent relevant experience
- Current driver’s licence
- NSW WorkCover “White Card”
- Extensive, relevant industry experience in WHS
- A comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of WHS legislative agencies, relevant
legislation, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and Guidelines (including the National
Electricity Network Safety Code), Industry Safety Rules and Guidelines.
- A comprehensive understanding of WHS systems and programs as well as Risk Management principles.
- Conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Well developed and demonstrable presentation and report writing skills
- Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office applications
Job ID: 896