Position: Customer Service Officer
Our Government Client has a great 3 month opportunity for a Customer Service Officer in Rozelle.
- All incoming telephone calls are answered in accordance with the Service’s telephone
- Ensure that all relevant information is obtained and recorded either through the use of a
paper log, direct entry into a computer system, or other method determined by the client
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data and the collation of statistical information as
required for internal reporting and external agencies.
- Provide responses to inquiries that are consistent with and comply with the standard billing
rules of the Service
- Prepare draft correspondence responses on client information and queries.
- Provides quality customer service in responding to customer inquiries and accounts
matters and acts in a professional and ethical manner.
- Preparation, data entry and allocation of ledger journals; Pensioner and Health Fund
writebacks, and banking documentations. Processing correction to invoices, journals and
- Processes cash receipts, cheques and credit card payments.
- File documentation relating to account transactions, invoices, correspondence, cash,
receipts, and banking.
- Experience in using computerised accounting systems, and spreadsheet and word
- Typing speed of 30wpm with an accuracy of 98%. A typing certificate to Australian Standards
and not older than 6 months old must be provided.
- Understanding of principles and intent of NSW Privacy legislation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including negotiation and interpersonal skills
and experience in providing a high level of customer service.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Effective decision making skills and experience in liaising with other service providers.
Job ID: 930