Position: Media & External Communications Advisor
We have a great 6 month opportunity for a Media & External Communications Advisor in Sydney!
- Monitor media monitoring systems and coordinate the distribution of the daily media report to key stakeholders.
- Receive and refer media inquiries in a timely, resolute manner; and proactively identify emerging issues impacting on the reputation and brand of the organisation and ensure that these are promptly reported to the Manager.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with communication specialists from across the business to support high-value media and public relations (PR) opportunities.
- Develop an understanding of the business and its challenges to support the identification of media stories and the preparation of high impact media results.
- Prepare and draft a range of materials, including: media releases, Q&As, issues briefs, speeches, and opinion articles for media publication.
- Provide information on media issues and media opportunities to stakeholders to support engagement and management.
- Coordinate the measurement of the results of media campaigns, including the extent to which they build credibility for the organisation; protect the organisation’s brand, as well as build customer advocacy through earned and paid media.
- Develop and maintain a network of NSW media contacts (trade, business, political/government, TV, and radio) using these to support positive media outcomes and mitigate reputational risk.
- Collate and organise interview opportunities and stories to targeted media outlets or journalists.
- Tertiary qualification (at degree level) in media, journalism, communication; or economics,
business or politics, or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through practical industry
- Relevant experience in communication and media relations within the General Insurance,
Financial Services and/or Government sectors.
Job ID: 969