Position: Operational Technology/Control System Specialist
Location: Port Macquarie NSW or Canberra ACT
We currently have a great opportunity for an Operational Technology / Control System Specialist in both Port Macquarie NSW or Canberra ACT.
The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Technology (OT) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Operational Technology systems.
- Provide expert technical support to the OT Manager
- Coordinate Operational Systems activities balancing Operational and Project demands
- Represent Operational Systems at Project meetings
- Liaise with Business unit managers to understand and meet Operational needs
- Support and guidance to other members of the team
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience on Operational Technology systems
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to OT systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to UNIX systems including: PERL, bash, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL
- Solid understanding protocols at their different functional levels: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
Job ID: 1007
Recruitment Port Macquarie