Position: Linux Platform/Development Specialist
Location: Port Macquarie NSW or Canberra ACT
Our highly reputable client has a great 12 month contract for a Linux Platform / Development Specialist in Port Macquarie or Canberra.
The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Technology (OT) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Linux based systems in secured, segregated networks.
- Provide expert technical support to the OT Manager
- Oversee the existing and future Linux fleet of servers both physical and virtual
- Coordinate Operational Systems activities balancing Operational and Project demands
- Represent Operational Technology Services at Project meetings
- Support and guidance to other members of the team
- Develop support, monitoring and automation scripts to reduce human interaction
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to enterprise systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Experience in supporting and maintaining key business applications
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to UNIX systems including: PERL, bash, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL
- Solid understanding protocols at their different functional levels: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
Job ID: 1006
Recruitment Port Macquarie / Canberra