Position: Senior Pharmaceutical Officer (non clinical)
Location: North Sydney
Our Government Client has a great 3 month contract with a possible extension for a Senior Pharmaceutical Officer in North Sydney.
- Provide advice on matters relating to interpretation and implementation of the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods legislation and best practice in the safe and quality use of medicines and poisons.
- Administer statutory requirements under the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act, including the preparation, issuance and withdrawal of authorities, and recommending the issuance of licences where appropriate.
- Prepare high quality advice in the form of reports, briefs, policy, discussion papers, or guidelines to inform, take action and respond to requests, or to initiate consideration of new policy initiatives and strategies to interpret and implement compliance with the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods legislation and best practice in the safe and quality use of medicines and poisons.
- Liaise and consult with key internal and external stakeholders to communicate objectives and priorities and secure their engagement and effective interface on development and implementation of relevant legislation, policies and initiatives.
- Provide high level secretariat and policy support to major committees and working parties to facilitate achievement of Branch objectives.
- Undertake audits, inspections and investigations in support of compliance with the provisions of the legislation
- Tertiary qualifications in a health related discipline including knowledge of pharmacology and pharmaceutics and the application of this knowledge in clinical practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory role and functions of the NSW Ministry of Health, the private health sector and application of complaints and adverse events investigation methods.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation regulating medicines and poisons and legislation impacting on the NSW health system.
- High level skills and substantial experience in contributing to research and/or policy development, implementation and review and advice in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
Job Code: 1045