Position: HR / Payroll Specialist
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Our Government Client is currently seeking an experienced HR / Payroll Specialist in Newcastle. Great 12 month opportunity with a possible extension!
- Provide direction and technical advice for the HR and Payroll product areas with an emphasis on continuous improvement and business transformation
- Assist in the development, implementation and improvement of Human Resources Information Systems to ensure its integrity, confidentiality, accessibility and ability to provide salient management insights in a dynamic environment
- Assist in the development and implementation of software, processes and solutions to meet organisational needs
- Analyse data and assist with data migration and data cleansing as required
- Liaise with the HR/Payroll Project Team and the software vendor, regarding integrations, system change request requirements, and system development
- Attend team meetings and departmental briefings with the HR/Payroll Project Team, Future Directions Lead and Project Sponsor as required
- Ensure high quality, courteous responses to all internal and external enquiries and correspondence within agreed timeframes
- Degree qualification in Human Resources or related area with experience in an HR role, or experience commensurate with these qualifications.
- Experience in Human Resources and/or Payroll at a senior level in a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrated success in managing complex and integrated workplace projects that involve a number of stakeholders.
- Experience with process mapping and process improvement spanning the HR and Payroll functions and the ability to critically review and develop best practice processes that lead to value added service
- Proven organisational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple programs and projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to develop and manage effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders, collaborating, negotiating and influencing to achieve the organisation’s goals
- Proven ability to manage workloads, manage change, and flexibly manage priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- High level communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication styles to suit specific audiences, and to develop a logical and concise sequence of concepts to support a preferred outcome
Job Code: 1046