Position: Land Use Planner
Our Government Client is currently seeking a Land Use Planner in Newcastle, great short term role available.
- Operate in a professional manner for the necessary operation to realise objectives set out in the management plan.
- Contribute to the establishment of the Department’s objectives, and contribute to an annual business plan and work program to enable its objectives to be achieved.
- Ensure that sound and timely advice is provided to staff, and external customers and stakeholders.
- Liaise with staff within and outside the Department to ensure the co-ordination and understanding of work undertaken
- Promote continuous improvement and the effective use of teamwork
- Contribute to strategic planning processes
- Prepare correspondence, draft reports and submissions.
- Contribute to the preparation of briefs, and oversee the activity of consultants for
- Completed (or studying for) a tertiary qualification in Urban Planning or other
related field (eg Natural Resource Management, Economics, Social Planning,
- Relevant professional working experience
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and implement legislation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in the use of appropriate computer software
- Class C Motor vehicle driver’s licence
Job ID: 1057