Position: Safety Specialist
We have a great opportunity for a Safety Specialist in Rozelle! Our Government Client is seeking someone to join their team ASAP for 3 months with a possible extension.
- Develop, implement and evaluate safety, HMT and ergonomics training.
- Development of specialist programs for high-risk to target work groups in association with
rehabilitation requirements and injury prevention targets.
- Ensure the currency of exercise physiology methods by on-going review of current literature and assessing and implementing improved techniques.
- Provide specific, advanced, physical techniques for unique sections of the organisation
- Provide specialised advice to workers identified as having physical or medical limitation to ensure safe work practices, specifically targeting staff with recurring physical injuries or pre claim submission notifications.
- Ensure the operation, maintenance and updating of equipment used in operations by reviewing and recommending appropriate items.
- Develop external partnerships and alliances to price cost effective training and development
programs including having a high level of awareness of resources and developments in the
educational and WHS environment that will value add to the WHS function.
- Appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification, in Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy or
human movements, inclusive of the exercise physiology elective and eligible for accreditation from Exercise Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Experience in undertaking research required for procedure and skills development and review.
- Knowledge of early intervention injury management principles.
- High level computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft applications and internet.
- High level of written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to liaise, coach and counsel with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to create and deliver educational sessions in relation to WHS and HMT for different size groups and knowledge base; and
- Ability to provide sound advice with regard to correct manual handling techniques and
Job Code: 1053