Position: Civil Engineer
Start: April 2018
Our Government Client has a great 12 month contract available for an experienced Civil Engineer in Gloucester.
- Overall responsibility for capital works projects and maintenance programs including
estimating, quality control, budgeting, programming, WHS, environmental ,management,
daily costing, on site auditing, raising work orders, approving work orders, variations,
monitoring expenditure and forecasting.
- Consult and/or negotiate with others in relation to capital works and maintenance
- Contribute to the development of the forward Capital Works and Maintenance Programs.
This includes the ongoing review of programs and where necessary seeking additional
- Supervise Works Supervisors and provide guidance, technical support and advice when
- Lead and manage construction and maintenance teams through Works Supervisors for
the effective, efficient and competitive delivery of the Department’s works programs
within agreed budgets, time frames and quality frameworks.
- Ensure the application of project management techniques, civil engineering standards
and relevant documentation.
- Degree level qualifications in Civil Engineering or a similar field.
- Extensive experience in the coordination of the competitive delivery of maintenance and
construction services for roads, bridges and drainage systems within financial
constraints while operating across a diverse organisation..
- Demonstrated knowledge of the professional and legislative requirements within the
scope of the role, including current Engineering Standards and commitment to Quality,
Work Health & Safety and Environmental Management Principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to support and
coordinate multi discipline groups, influence stakeholders, resolve conflict and negotiate
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management.
- Experience in developing project estimates / scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound engineering solutions to resolve issues.
- Demonstrating experience in supervising staff and in coaching and mentoring others in a
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Job Code: 1117