Position: Safety Advisor
Location: Speers Point, NSW
We have a great 3 month opportunity for an experienced Safety Advisor in the Newcastle / Speers Point areas.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and provide coaching, advice and guidance for workers, supervisors and managers in the implementation of the WHSMS.
- Respond to incident reports and record details in Councils Incident management System
- Participate in investigations following incidents or occurrences to determine the cause and assist in determining suitable corrective actions.
- Undertake verification activities associated with the management of occurrences and corrective actions
- Communicate technical WHS information to Council staff.
- Work autonomously and within a team environment
- Attainment of a minimum Cert IV in WHS or equivalent
- Minimum Class C Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of NSW WHS legislation, relevant Australian Standards, and Codes of Practice
- Health and Safety experience in high risk environments
- Ability to professionally communicate technical WHS information (both written and verbally) to a range of stakeholders
Job Code: 1127