Position: Technical Officer (Scientific) – 1227
Our Government client in Ultimo is seeking a highly motivated Technical Officer for a fantastic 3 month role.
Essential Qualifications Required:
- Pathology/Biological techniques certificate/diploma or an equivalent qualification current to the Diploma
- Laboratory Technology (Pathology Testing, Food Testing, Biology/Environmental Testing)
Desired experience in the following fields:
- Instructing, training and supervising laboratory staff under the position’s supervision.
- Checking, organising and preparing equipment and materials needed for class laboratory work and checking the return of equipment.
- Assisting in the preparation of experiments and techniques.
- Ensuring laboratory is kept in a tidy manner and fit and proper running order.
- Demonstrating classroom experiments and the operation of equipment for students being supervised by appropriate teaching staff.
- Ensuring that Stores and apparatus are maintained in a fit and proper condition and are
always ready for use.
- Liaising with teachers about requirements for classes including the need for risk assessment.
- Taking appropriate action for the security of equipment, laboratories and store
equipment used during and after practical classes.
- Keeping all instruments in designated laboratories clean tidy and maintained in running order.
- Keeping accurate records of the quantities of materials and minor plant used in the laboratory program, with due economy in usage.
- Requisitioning of adequate supplies of materials, chemicals and general laboratory equipment.
- Assisting with the transportation of supplies and apparatus.
- Ensuring servicing of designated laboratory classes at appropriate times.
- Implementing and monitoring adequate fire, health and safety practices in connection with the operation of laboratories and associated facilities.
- Ensuring that hazardous materials are stored and the disposal of contaminated scientific waste is in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation
- Performing other duties relevant to the position as required.
WWCC clearance and police check clearance will be required prior to commencement.
Job Code: 1227