Position: Media Liaison Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Our Government client in Sydney is seeking a highly motivated Media Liaison Officer to
independently manage complex and sensitive media and communications. This is a great three month role for the right candidate!
- Manage and compose responses to media queries following thorough analysis of information sourced from appropriate sources.
- Assess its accuracy and content; prepare reliable responses for review by senior staff.
- Provide authoritative recommendations for promoting organisational initiatives, including appropriate media strategies, identifying the relevant target audiences.
- Foster strong communication with and manage relationship with a variety of media organisations, external and internal key stakeholders, to ensure the flow of information and to assess information relevant to the employer.
- Act as a departmental spokesperson when dealing with the media.
- Manage on a project basis the organization of media events, press conferences and announcements; monitor and report on impact, providing subsequent information as necessary to the senior management.
- Being able to identify the most appropriate stakeholders, and to collect and analyse information for composing succinct responses not likely to impact on the organisation’s public image.
- Responding to critical media coverage in an accurate and timely manner.
- Being on call and operating in a complex, unpredICT able and sensitive environment, open to public scrutiny.
Essential requirements; Current NSW driver’s license and preparedness to drive a
vehicle in the course of performing the role.
Job Code: 1234