Position: Customer Service Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Our government client in Rozelle has an urgent request for a Customer Service Officer to join their finance team. This is a fantastic 3 month contract, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate!
- All incoming telephone calls are answered in accordance with the organisation’s telephone procedure, ensuring that all relevant information is obtained and recorded. Act on each call appropriately by answering inquiries or referring calls to appropriate employees.
- Assist the other Customer Service Centre staff with both call taking and/or other duties, and maintain appropriate Customer Service Centre records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data and the collation of statistical information as required for internal reporting and external agencies.
- Provide responses to inquiries that are consistent with and comply with the standard billing rules and advise the Revenue Accountant of any inconsistencies.
- Remain conversant with all standard operating procedures, instructional circulars, policies and other notices as issued from time to time.
- Prepare draft correspondence responses on client information and queries.
- Provide quality customer service in responding to customer inquiries and accounts matters and act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Preparation, data entry and allocation of ledger journals; Pensioner and Health Fund write-backs, and banking documentations. Processing correction to invoices, journals and banking documentation.
- Processes cash receipts, cheques and credit card payments in accordance with delegation policy and procedural documentations. File documentation relating to account transactions, invoices, correspondence, cash, receipts, and banking.
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements in the office work environment.
- Manage, monitor and report on key performance indicators as they relate to the position.
If you can:
- Handle a large volume of calls and determine appropriate action for each call effectively.
- Maintain high accuracy levels
- Achieve work performance targets against nominated benchmarks and KPI’s e.g. data integrity; revenue targets.
- Liaise with operational, data processing and accounts receivable staff to ensure that a high level of data integrity is obtained through source documents
We want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Job Code: 1256