Position: Governance Support Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: North Sydney
Our Government client in North Sydney is seeking a Governance Support Officer to support team members in achieving the unit’s objectives, coordinate daily operational tasks and provide a front line response service to all stakeholders. This is an exciting 5 month role for the right candidate!
- Provide timely and efficient administrative support services and working collaboratively with team members. This includes the key functions of records and document management, over-sighting general purchasing activities managing the distribution and review of reports, correspondence, briefings and supporting documents, managing staff timesheets and facilitating unit meetings.
- Update and maintain policy documents and procedure manuals.
- Assist in the processing and management of appointments and maintain relevant databases and registers
- Coordinate the secretariat functions related to the Council of Board Chairs and the annual Board Members Conference and other forums hosted by the Unit.
- Respond to queries generated from the Minister’s Office, Ministry staff, external organisations and the general public, referring these for action and following them up as appropriate.
- Provide advice to staff on the Unit’s protocols and processes
- Undertake project work as required to support the priorities of the Unit
- Sound organisational skills, the capacity to undertake and complete several tasks concurrently, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- High level PC skills, including strong word processing and editing skills, database management experience, and experience with document management and tracking systems
- Knowledge of corporate governance and enterprise risk management would be an advantage, but is not essential
Job Code: 1255
Recruitment North Sydney