Position: IT Systems Specialist (Database)
Start Date: ASAP
Our Bathurst based client requires a Database Systems Specialist responsible for providing support and development (where required) expertise for their Database platforms. The project is the migration of SQL Server databases to Azure Cloud and Oracle databases to Amazon Cloud. It is essential that candidates have enterprise level experience in either / both these platforms. This is a fantastic 6 month role for the right candidate!!
Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications. Desirably an ITIL Certification and Project Management Certification.
- Actively participate in Operational Support activities of all environments
- Identify areas of impact by assessing release notes and other documentation for patches as required
- Raise and work through support calls with vendors of the supported systems
- Implementation of patches / bug fixes to ensure system stability / performance
- Design, Develop, Test and Promote solutions for new or changed requirements
- Use of appropriate Defect and Request Management frameworks and tools
- Develop, test and execute implementation plans for releases
- Understand and develop security controls
- Provide reporting for Management on the performance and reliability of supported systems
- Promote the use of automation controls for management of development, release and support activities
- Assist with the establishment and on-going maintenance of knowledge management, education and awareness, continuous improvement, and risk management
- Attend to business as usual Database Administration activities
- Extensive experience in a similar role in an ICT environment
- Practical experience:
- in designing, deploying and operating complex ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- in the use of enterprise helpdesk software
- with enterprise Incident, Request, Configuration and Change management software
- in providing customer and operational support services in a large enterprise
- in driving business improvement and increases in efficiencies
- Working knowledge of software relevant to the ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Ability to think and act in an innovative and strategic manner within contemporary ICT frameworks
- Ability to accept responsibilities and accountabilities and be focused on delivering outcomes to meet the wider team objectives
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to prepare documentation and socialise the outcomes with relevant areas of the business including senior management
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Strong organisational skills in order to manage and implement large, complex and varying workloads and initiatives delivering continuous business improvement.
Note: The successful candidate will require a vehicle for personal travel as public transport to the job site is scarce.
Job Code: 1258