Position: Para-legal Officer
Location: North Sydney
Our Government client requires a strong Para-legal Officer for a 2 month assignment (with possible extension) to provides a range of para-legal services and related administrative support and contributes to the efficient and effective functioning of Legal and Regulatory Services.
Ideally suitable for someone undergoing their legal degree or recently completed it.
- Provide general para-legal support to legal officers within the Branch, including research and administrative tasks as requested
- Support litigation officers through preparation of correspondence, liaising with external legal providers and public health organisations and maintenance of quarterly Litigation Reports
- Manage and update the Branch website
- Prepare simple regulations and other statutory instruments and arranging for timely submission of Executive Council papers and the Gazettal and publication of legal orders and other statutory instruments
- Undertake tabling requirements for annual reports of NSW Health agencies and other statutory instruments as required including, liaising with Minister’s Office, and ensuring tabling timetables are met
- Provide executive support to Committees of Review established to hear appeals by visiting practitioners under Chapter 8 of the Health Services Act 1997, including arranging and providing secretariat support to the Chair of the Committee in respect of the conduct of hearings
- Work cooperatively within the Branch and actively support others to achieve business objectives
- Conduct of and assistance with legal matters and related policy and other projects as requested
You will need to be able to:
- Balance workloads, priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of organisation
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members to ensure effective functioning of the Branch
Job code: 1312
Recruitment North Sydney