Position: Human Resource Officer
Location: Leichhardt, NSW
Our client requires an adept Human Resources Officer to undertake a range of human resources related functions and activities including recruitment, human resources, learning and development, healthy workplace strategies and human resources reporting.
You must have experience working in a Government department.
- Provide advice and services to managers and staff on recruitment processes, employment and personnel conditions, policies, procedures, processes, awards and relevant legislation.
- Provide administrative support services including the processing of documentation associated with services within the respective portfolios, good customer service whilst maintaining a high standard of confidentiality and privacy.
- Provide high level administrative, clerical services and generation of Microsoft Word documentation.
- Handle and /or refer telephone enquiries regarding recruitment, related employment services matters, project implementation, learning and development programs and other administrative matters.
- Maintain recruitment, human resources and other project information systems and related databases including data entry and standard management reporting.
- Extract data from systems and other data sources and manipulate these data into relevant and specific reports.
- Conduct audits of data integrity and validity to ensure systems information is current and robust.
- Manage, monitor and report on key performance indicators as they relate to the position.
- Participate in a rotation through HR Officer roles within the organisation and in all aspects of recruitment and selection panels a required.
- Preparation of training course material including templating, formatting, printing, binding and stapling.
- Preparing for training courses by booking facilities, arranging catering, course materials and technological equipment.
- Organisation of training events, flights, accommodation and catering for course facilitators and events.
- Be willing to travel.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level administrative support in one or more human resources or related functional areas eg recruitment, human resources, learning and development, organisational health and wellness or people and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to learn legislative requirements, organisational policy and procedures associated with the management of a contemporary people and culture service area.
- Advanced computing skills including the use of Microsoft Office, human resources information systems and TRIM or similar records management system.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and a commitment to achieving results.
- High level interpersonal skills enabling effective communication with diverse groups of people, with a customer focus whilst working independently or as part of a team.
- Highly effective time management skills including the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Good written communication skills including attention to detail.
Job code: 1318