Position: Senior Business Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to support the day-to-day operations of our Government Client’s digital innovation project. This role will work within an Agile operational delivery team and will be required to work with a broad range of stakeholders across the department and externally.
- Support a cross-functional team of people to manage the JIRA boards, track progress and escalate blockers.
- Work closely with the team to estimate and prioritise Agile user stories and assist in the management of the product backlog.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define high-level user stories.
- Write user stories and engage with the technical team to set acceptance criteria.
- Gather requirements to support evolving business as usual and enhancement activities.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Plan and facilitate business analysis activities/workshops.
- Complete up-front analysis to provide an understanding of the problem to be solved.
- Complete operating model and business impact assessments for the initiative.
- Ensure operational risks are identified, understood and mitigated by the business in relation to in-scope changes.
- Document fit for purpose business requirements that clearly identify the gap between the current state and the required end state and that meet the needs of all impacted stakeholders.
- Ensure each gap between current state and future state can be traced from a requirement/s through to benefit.
- Review all solution documents and ensure alignment with business requirements and benefits.
- Manage requirements through the lifecycle (from solution, testing, delivery) in order to ensure that the business benefits, linked to the requirements, are achieved and appropriately documented
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have experience in using JIRA
- Must have experience developing user stories
- Must have experience with agile product development and management
- Must have experience in research, user experience, and development
- Previous experience in establishing robust data governance and information security standards appropriate for business need would be highly regarded
- Hands on experience in working on projects within a large, complex environment
- Must possess excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Must have strong relationship development/management skills including facilitation, listening and negotiating
- Must have strong technical skills with a proven ability to translate and document stakeholder needs into business and solution requirements
- Previous business innovation experience would be highly regarded
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership
If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Job Code: 1345