Position: Landscape Gardener with Traffic Control Experience
Location: Oran Park
Our Government Client is seeking a temporary contractor for a period of up to 3 months to assist in their operational parks and gardens high profile team.
- Complete maintenance activities and requested works relevant to Open Space network; including mowing, gardening, landscaping, turf maintenance, litter removal, playground maintenance, park infrastructure maintenance, irrigation system maintenance, removal of dumped rubbish or other work relevant to open space maintenance.
- Provide updates and report on maintenance roster progress and issues preventing progress.
- Efficiently set out and sequence your own work process
- Work effectively with team to set out and sequence work
- Undertake other duties as requested by your supervisor
- Safely and proficiently; drive trucks and utilities, tow trailers and operate small area mowers, small plant, and equipment used in open space maintenance
- Safely operate Tractors, with associated implements, and broad area mowers up to 150hp in a proficient manner
- Assess suitability of plant & equipment for intended use
- Undertake daily minor maintenance of plant and equipment
- Undertake traffic control
- Identify and report hazards and participate in risk assessments.
- Comply with and provide input into Safe Work Method Statements
- Work as part of a team.
- Comply with safety practices and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus which is accurate, responsive, timely and courteous
- Experience in undertaking Parks and gardens maintenance activities
- Experience in operating a variety of horticultural plant & equipment; small area mowers, brush cutters and tools used in turf and garden maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Ability and willingness to gain OH&S Card
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to undertake training to gain necessary qualifications to undertake work required
- Experience in operating landscape plant & equipment (including tractors with mowing/slashing decks)
- Ability and willingness to gain further qualifications including AQF3 Working with Chemicals, RTA traffic controller certificate (Blue and Yellow or equivalent), First Aid, chainsaw operations, Cert III Horticulture, manual handling.
- Previous experience in driving Light truck/Ute and trailer combinations
- Experience in Small plant maintenance
- Experience and/or training with Manual handling training
Job code: 1397