Position: Cost Estimator
We are currently seeking a Cost Estimator in Newcastle, great 6 month opportunity with a potential extension.
- Prepare capital and operating cost estimates for projects, customer connections, non-regulated works, asset replacement strategies, major operating projects and non-network projects;
- Prepare feasibility studies for projects, customer connections, non-regulated works, asset replacement strategies, major operating projects and non-network projects.
- Assist with the maintenance of estimating systems, databases, risk processes and tools to ensure the accuracy of project estimates.
- Develop estimates and provide advice to project developers on cost effective technical options, project schedules, and risks in accordance with the Project Development Framework.
- Develop comprehensive, commercially focussed, cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Several years experience in a number of aspects of transmission line and substation projects such as investigation, design, environmental assessment, system planning, operations or project implementation, with some demonstrable experience in cost estimating or feasibility assessment.
- High standard of interpersonal, communication and report writing skills, personal integrity and professionalism.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards, TransGrid Policies and Procedures, regulatory frameworks and Government policy guidelines, which govern the implementation and cost of transmission line and substation projects.
Job code: 1407