Position: School Counsellor
Location: St Leonards
Our government client is seeking an experienced School Counsellor to provide educational, vocational, personal counselling, groupwork services and crisis management to intending and enrolled students, teaching staff and associated learning areas. This is a great 6 month opportunity for the right candidate.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated experience in counselling and crisis management, and supporting social and emotional learning outcomes for young people aged 15-19.
- Knowledge of NSW secondary and post-secondary education and training systems and familiarity with current development in NESA (NSW Education Standards Authority) HSC requirements and the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
- Capacity to implement programs across the college e.g. well-being and/or career development, based on current research and best practice.
- Experience working and liaising with external agencies to support outcomes of young people.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Counselling experience
- Crisis management
- Schools/youth at risk experience
- Wellbeing programs experience
- Development and communication of support plans
- Ability to work with minimal day to day supervision
Job code: 1415