Position: Welfare Worker
Our Government Client is currently seeking an experienced Welfare Worker in Parramatta. This is a fantastic 3 month opportunity for the right candidate!
- High Level Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of disability issues
- Provide Guardianship services and make substitute decisions under the Guardianship Act for people with disabilities, according to Public Guardian’s policiesand procedures.
- Develop and implement decision making plans, procedures and activities that attempt to resolve issues facing clients.
- Prepare reports where necessary about or relating to guardianship cases.Provide information to the public as well as respond to enquiries by professional staff, service providers and clients.
- Make, implement and monitor decisions within delegated authority to best serve the interests of people under guardianship within legislation and procedural guidelines.
- Undertake actions mostly of an individual case related nature and conduct activities based on agreed actions plans with the guidance of their supervisor and the Regional Manager.
- Degree in social, health, behavioural sciences or related discipline and/or relevant experience
- Criminal records check
- Background in Community or disability service would be an advantage.
- Managing work outputs to generate favorable outcomes for all clients/ stakeholders.
Job code: 1427