DOB is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment. This policy applies to all personnel, on-hired staff, contractors employed by DOB, contractors in charge of DOB equipment, and any visitors to DOB’s offices.
The key points of this policy are that:
- The possession, soliciting, selling, distribution or consumption of illicit or non-prescribed drugs is prohibited;
- Personnel must not be under the influence of illicit, prescribed, or non-prescribed drugs or alcohol at any level.
- Alcohol is Zero Tolerance
- This applies to any activity, in particular it applies where personnel are required to operate vehicles or equipment, or work within the parameter of vehicles or machinery;
- The consumption of alcohol is prohibited in vehicles or within any company operational area.
- At the request of any worker provide any reasonable assistance including a structured rehabilitation program without any fear of reprisal to the individual;
- Provide appropriate awareness and or training programs to workers on the effects of Drugs & Alcohol;
- Reserve the right to discipline any worker who breaches this policy or any statutory requirements.
- Directors and Managers of DOB are responsible for ensuring adherence to this policy.
- Perform random Drug and Alcohol Testing without any prior warning.